Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Window to the Past

Meant to write "Window to the Soul"


Eye contact, eye liner, eye shadow, eyebrows, eye-catching...

All the words are (duh) related to eyes, the expressions that are related to how you feel about something that are defined by how your eyes perceives it (?) (mumbling mumbling)

Susah nak jaga pandangan mata ni. Its hard! Because it is inevitable to ignore even the slightest movement. Let it be one kilometer away from you or at the very corner of your eyes. If your eyes wants to see it, you brain will believe it.

Lets be philosophical for a while:
You see what you want to see. But seeing does not mean that your brain is actually processing what you are looking at. For example, day dreaming. You can stare into space all day long, but in your head, there are thousands of pictures, even sound, playing. And it may be more real than what you actually see physically.

Another example that I love would be Magical Realism. Like in Pan's Labyrinth; where Ofelia could be imagining better things to make her real world seems more... interesting (?) Youve to watch it yourself if you wanna know what Im talking about.

But the whole point is: you will see what you want to see.

Lets us now be logical:
People (reads: ME) are oblivious to their surrounding. Like in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire PS2 game - theres a spell called "Oblivious" to summon things that you cant see which are off the screen, to summon rewards (jellybeans that can boost your spell bar) that you may have not noticed.

Like that youre supposed to say hi and smile to everyone you know. EVERYONE you know. ALL THE TIME.

Now isnt that just tiring?

...

Once upon a time jugak, my dormmate pernah tak suka kat I sebab the way I responded to her. She said "...macam Haemo (my nickname) berlagak" (She said the way my eyes looked like. Like Im being cocky)

Well honey, Im sorry that I cared enough to respond to you *smiles*

and today, I think I did the same thing again. I dont know if I should apologies for being myself. I didnt even realised that I was wrong. Would be nice if people who called themselves "my friend(s)" would let me know that I did something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment